Wednesday, December 15, 2010

If I Still Remember


There was a day when we all sitting down for a typical breakfast at kopitiam
There was a week when we all went for vacation
There was a month when you all accompanied me to struggle through my examinations
There were years when you hold my hands and breed me up to who I am today
-
Few months back when I first stepped into my post-secondary studies in Singapore
I went through series of harshness
One main reason is because I came here all by myself
From interview to enrollment
My parents had not interfere any single of these processes
Except for financial support
I was actually keeping this inside my heart
It brought me even down
When I saw most of the interviewees were accompanied by parents or guardians
-
Dad read my mind
That is the special part of blood relation
They know what you are thinking even if you keep it silent
He emailed me one night
"If I could make it last time when I was in UK,
Why not you?
I believe you are not only academically excellent,
But good enough to handle your life by your own.
I have faith that you can do way better than me..."
-
This is an extract from his email
And now I make it
Secondary's CCAs built up my leadership
And now overseas studies had built up my independence and confidence towards life
-
They are yet the best parents on earth
I remember there was one night when my mum rang up
Asking me how life's going on and so
And I popped out a question at her
"After I completed my Diploma, how?"
She seemed to be prepared
"Don't worry, me and dad will support you until degree.
We will break the bond if necessary, depending on situation.
But I can assure you a degree or bachelor in the future."
-
And now
I understand how scrupulous entrepeneurs are in their financial management
And I appreciate my parents so much that
They had prepared me well for my future
To achieve my ambition
To fullfill their dreams
And to achieve financial freedom
-
And
If I still remember
They both really love me
<3

No comments: