Monday, November 30, 2009

An Effete Empire of Dubai

To be frank, I was shocked by a sudden when I flipped through the newspaper yesterday. The headline gave me a heavy knock and I kept on asking myself what the hell is this?
-
Dubai is currently suffering from it's serious economy down fall. How could this happen? I am still so impressed by Dubai's bold policies to build up many skyscrapers that open the eyes of the world and I could not believe that this may come one day. It is just like a doomsday. The chain effects is severe and it hits the world's economy abruptly.
-
What to do? I just went to the New Yorks Time and most of the pages are coloured with the related news to the economy down fall of Dubai. There is no word to express the sadness and despair that I am feeling right now. The legend of the fast growing economy of Dubai has entered a sinister period and I hope the story does not end here. The "bubblenisation" of the glory of Dubai in the book "Dubai: The Vulnerability of Success" is reflecting a real statement now. The crisis is likely to have long-lasting effects on the seven-member emirates federation, where Dubai has long played rebellious younger brother to oil-rich and more conservative Abu Dhabi. Dubai officials, swallowing their pride, have made clear that they would be open to a bailout, but so far Abu Dhabi has offered assistance only to its own banks.
-
I am just keeping my fingers crossed and I hope Abu Dhabi will quickly lend a hand to put an end to all of these. Dubai is still one of my dream city and I hope that I still have the chance to pay a visit to Dubai in the coming days. There is no way that Dubai cannot overcome the crisis.
-
Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai looks like a boat sailing the ocean.
Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai is the ONLY 7-star luxury hotel in the entire world.
Rooms are priced accordingly -- from $1,361 to $10,073 a night (as of Jan, 06)!
The entire building had used about 23 tan of gold for its construction.
-

The Palm Islands, also referred to as The Palm Dubai and The Palms, are the world's three largest man-made islands, which are being built on the coast of the emirate of Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

The project is being handled by Al Nakheel Properties (Nakheel Corporation), which will increase Dubai's shoreline by 120km (72 miles) and create a large number of residential, leisure, and entertainment areas.
The idea was first announced in May 2002 and the two manmade freehold artificial palm tree-shaped resort islands are expected to maintain Dubai's position as a premium tourist destination. The Palm Islands has also been named 'The Eighth Wonder of the World'.
-
This is not a BMW showroom. This is a police station in Dubai.
Yes, Dubai police use BMW sedan as their police car.
-

Burj Dubai, the tallest building in the world with a height of 818m.

The total budget for the Burj Dubai project is about US$4.1 billion, and for the entire new "Downtown Dubai", US$20 billion.

How tall Petronas Twin Towers is when compare to Burj Dubai?

No comments: