Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Restart Afresh

Finally, I made a move. I always thought that I gonna stay at my aunt place for indefinite time in Singapore. But things happen and story changes from time. My aunt has some issue with her husband thus my parents asked me to shift. First time moving house and now I know how much junk I have got in my room. So fucking lot of clothes, about a third of them are brand new I mean those still with tags on! I could not believe how much I used to love shopping. If I have saved the amount of money I wasted on unnecessary things I definitely can go traveling for an extra month in New Zealand. I feel so silly at the old me. I love how I have changed since I met those fabulous people in Australia, a trip that gave me an invaluable experience and lesson.

So let's start on my new room. This is how it looked like when I first moved here. It was equipped with basic furniture - a wardrobe, a single bed and a small side table. 

So I did some research online to look for cheap furniture, I start becoming a cheapskate trying to cut down unnecessary expenditure for which I would rather spend my money doing traveling some time later. In the end I think IKEA has the best deal. Picture below shows what I have ordered from IKEA. Cheapest swivel chair at IKEA for $35, KILBY bookcase for $69, a white table (in brown box wrapping that lies on the wall) and a 195 X 133 carpet. The picture was when I was halfway fixing everything.

 My study corner - a bookcase complete with a high pile dark pink carpet

My charmig white table is fixed. Got my printer, MacBook and penguin table lamp set up. I have to be honest I like my room so much now. =)

My bed. Got a bed linen set from NTUC nearby. Blue fleece blanket I bought from Philip Island in Melbourne. The brocoli plush toy I got from IKEA last year and Tigger which I got as an exchange gift from Inggrid during Christmas last year.

I originally wanted to take a panaroma picture of my room but the picture did not come out very good. I guess panaroma was meant for taking scenery than enclosed room. I have to express my gratitude towards IKEA for making my room looks so clean and modern now at a fraction of price I would pay for if I sourced everything from other furniture store. Although having to fix everything on my own was really tiring but it definitely worth it when you see the end product you built up from scratch.

This evening I finally had my long awaited video call with my besties. The last time I met them was in December? God it has been more than half a year. Love the fun conversation and I wish everyone all well. Looking forward to our next meetup! =)

No comments: