Friday, July 26, 2013

One Step Ahead

Few more days to August so what have I done in July? Apart from the daily rotting at home, I actually had some time for myself to do something that I usually don't. First week of July I met up with Lauren and we made a day trip to the SEA Aquarium and I really loved her accompany. Despite the gap that spans across our age but she is more like a sister to me than just a friend. We almost have message everyday on Facebook to keep ourselves updated. I would really appreciate if we have more time together. =)

Next up is Andrew's birthday which was last week at their new apartment. I was pretty conservative this time not doing anything significant sometimes I believe by making things simple is better than the other way round. Had time to catch up with my classmates and coursemates who all have made their first step in their career. Nothing much to fancy with but I realise one thing in common which everyone was trying to sell their company by telling people how good their current job is. Not too sure if I am gonna be one of them soon but even if I do, I won't stay too long doing the same routine everyday to get up by 7 and get off by 6.

I have already started to plan my RTW (Round The World) trip which I will do it latest by 25 or 26. So now I have a few more years to prepare and get ready especially the financial part. I asked my dad few weeks ago how much would he give me if I were to work with him. He said probably about the same of what I am going to earn in Singapore but in MYR. I was like no way that's gonna be 2.5 times lesser. He was kind of outrage saying what am I expecting when I already have a Peugeot and a place to stay if I were to go back. Fair enough I guess I am on my own this time for RTW trip. I have to save enough money that will last me a year to see the world. It is hard to tell if I am able to achieve that but I already have a goal set for myself. Consider myself fortunate as I only have to focus on how to manage and adjust my income to meet my saving target, my bachelor and master support are still on my parents (although I wish I could be more independent but judging from the current situation, big sigh). 

I have a different feel for Singapore now even with the people I used to hang out with. A lot of time I find what people are doing contradicts with the situation they are in. For instance when someone's bank account is approaching zero but still have no sense of alert, maybe a little without real action taken. Still longing good food (as in fine dining) at the expense of traveling far away which adds on burden to transportation fee. If I were in that situation I would prefer cheap eat (like Indian food) or maybe homecooked meal. I will try to find alternative that can stretch my dollar further. I read about a travel forum few days back and one of the rules was "try to hang out less with the people who are not intend to travel because the way of spending would be different." Soon or later I would start to isolate myself from unnecessary spending spree that will jeopardise my reach to the goal. Nowadays I feel happier to hang out with travellers because they all seems to be more open-minded and easy-going. We share our life not afraid to be known by strangers, literally no border in between us. I would do things my own way yet no question asked, revealing one's true hidden identity. I miss all the good time with full time travellers as I love to be bounded by big and small interludes that arise surprise. I miss traveling and I love it now.

*I do not know why but now I find it annoyed when people question my accent. What has Australia done to me? I find it comfortable the way I speak English now but I do not know how does it sound like in other's ears. What Jeremy said was also true - I cannot stand very very typical Singlish now with very strong and heavy tone, like trying to articulate every single word. God luckily English in Malaysia is more Malay influenced which sounds more of standard English than awkward. 

No comments: