Tuesday, August 13, 2013

La Franciose


I met a lot of Europeans and Americans, they all told me French are infamous of their arrogance and are difficult to get along with. Many of them who traveled almost every land on Earth but refuse to set foot in France. Since then I was always cautious whenever I have to deal with French. Not until I have met one myself.

Nicolas joined me, Lauren (Boston, USA), Duncan (Melbourne, Australia) and Arturoo (Madrid, Spain) during our excursion to Bako National Park back in June. Despite the language barrier to my surprise Nicolas always had a handy French-English dictionary in his pocket and whenever he finds it difficult to express certain word he will look up immediately.

I am impressed by his humbleness which is nowhere close to anything that people were describing about French. Soon he taught me lessons about life along with his travels' experience and stories. Each of every has given me impact in a way or another at certain degree of insight about life. He let me understand that hearings may not always be true until you have experienced it yourself. I speak no French, he speaks a little English. But language is definitely not a stumbling block to halter us from zero to becoming friends.

One more time, travel has surged me to a whole new horizon. Bon voyage Nicolas Mahé! I will see u somewhere in Asia again or else in Paris, I promise.

p/s: Does he somehow remind you of Robinson Crusoe?

No comments: