Thursday, October 3, 2013

30 Days of September

Ever wondering what was I doing for the entire September? It has been a mixed of everything but in the end something good finally struck me, it's like rojak you have everything inside but it tastes awfully awesome. 


I finally secured a real job at OPEN MIND Technologies Asia Pacific AG! Real job as in I am really starting working as oppose to my previous status despite having an offer but the dorky *** and *** refuse to grant me a valid pass! At first I thought I would begin a 8-5 job living the life like most of the working adults do but wait a minute it's not! First thing first the company practice flexible working time that's mean I can come to work and off work slightly off the schedule as long as I am completing my task. Official reporting time is from 9-6 but you can come later and leave earlier if you have other agenda going on. Second the breakie! The first few days of work I have to get up early around 7 to prepare and get my breakfast served. Few days later having know that we actually have breakfast from 9.30-10.30 every morning I can now sleep half an hour more every morning. =) My MD told me that breakfast is the time when everyone gathers so we can casually bond among ourselves and share our problem if there is any. So technically speaking the time when I really get into work is 10.30, yes freaking 10.30am! Thirdly, Open Mind Asia Pacific just as the name itself says "Asia Pacific" it means we are not just serving Singapore but serving the entire Asia Pacific. Despite the establishment in Singapore for more than 15 years but till date we only have a workforce of 9. A small team consists of 9 essential talents - 1 managing director, 2 admin, 1 marcom (marketing and communication), 1 sales engineer and 4 application engineer (which I fall in one of them). Imagine that 9 people serving 10, 20, 30 and more countries. How is that possible?! Yes we have to fly! Till today (my third week) I have yet to see the office in full force. At anytime at least 2 are traveling to meet clients around Asia or other continent. An outward bound person like me this is definitely a plus plus plus added advantage! I like to travel and what can be better when you get the best of both worlds - travel and work! Next of course the team, the people I work with! Everyone is just amazing at work. From the basic humor notation to the unique skill in the bosom. That is how beautiful works are being done. I have never imagine that I have the opportunity to work with a group of talented CAD/CAM engineers with years of experience and be part of the team. I reckon that is one of the reasons why I am recruited. ;) Last but not least I received email in German! Ja, das ist Deutsche! I get exceptional adrenaline rush when I see german-related stuff - emails in german, german server with domain ending ".de", german names in skype team and german inspired products... It has been an integral of my work and the soul of it. This is what I have been dreaming since two years ago and I did not know God grant my wish so soon. I guess when you endure thru a series of tough downs you get your reward at the breaking dawn. 


p/s: And it pays me well, above average. =)

No comments: