Monday, November 28, 2011

It Was The Closest Moment To States

We met up for shopping in Orchard. It was raining that evening and I was in my schooling dress code which appeared to be "under-dressed" to head down to Orchard. I kind of fed up and didnn't give a shit after I hopped on train. She was waiting for me in front of Chanel ION. After meeting up, we walked to Takashimaya and Metro @ Paragon. Around 7pm, with two bags of shopping bags, both holding in my hands, we went down to the basement of Paragon hunting for food. I saw Sushi Tei and trying to give a hint but soon she led her way into "Thai Express". I ordered Thai soft-shell crab and rice and she got herself some pattaya fried kueh tiaw. And that was where it began.

"When will you be graduating?"
"Next year, but I think graduation on May 2013"
"That sounds pretty fast"
"So, what's your planning after that?"
"I don't know, I am bonded"
"I heard it is a 5 year service right?"
"Yea, it is"
"Anyway to break it off?"
"Nope, unless we pay for the liquidated damage"
"But Ah Jiet went off after he completed his degree in NUS"
"Nah, it's pretty different. He got a bursary and I got scholarship instead"
"So you will be around 27 after that?"
"Most likely. Actually I don't mind sponsoring you to States, but you have to show me how you budget yourself"
"I am on my way to achieve that" (It was a total lie, lolz)
"How much to pay the bond off?"
"50k is more than enough, that's what my lecturer told me"
"It's not a small figure but we can discuss on it"
"Do you really like what you are studying now?"
"Not really, I was expecting something more on digital but I am currently more towards mechanical stuff which I believe, I sucks in technical operation"
"Haha, well, many undergraduates don't know their real interest is until they reach their 2nd or 3rd year"
"That implies on me, totally agree"
"Anyway, I don't think poly is a place that suits you. You're smart and should do something like form 6"
(eyes turned big and round)
"Well, I heard it wasn't easy. And I have had enough of Malay's education and just want to escape from the cage"
"I know it's hard but it shouldn't be a matter for you. Your dad did it last time before he flew to UK to complete his degree, and he got 1st class Honour"
"Really? I never knew that he is a 1st class"
"Your dad is as smart as you"
"... ..." (The awkward moment when you keep receiving compliments)
"So what are you currently into?"
"I guess Civil engineering or something to do with programming or computer"
"That's something really common"
"But part of our business is on construction, and that segment earns the most in Kuching"
"You still planning to go back?"
"I think in the future, I will be based in Kuching and flying around. And hopefully getting a US citizenship."
"You knew that is illegal"
"But you have done something illegal for 30 years and nobody knows"
"Well, it's still worth taking the risk"
"So do my mind says so"
(we smiled at each other giving ourselves that look)
-
Until the last sentence the direction is still so ambiguous and it doesn't lead me anyway clearer. Well I guess dad and aunt Jen have been working closely to draft out a best future blue plan for me. The only thing is waiting for time to elapse. No matter what it is, I will make my decision based on the instantaneous situation judging from angle which offers the best for everyone. I have a strong premonition that this wouldn't be my forever and last stop. Time moves, thing changes, so do I.

- 21 November 2011

No comments: