Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Flowery Lies

Recently I am given an assignment to write a cover letter. The tutor said we must use flowery terms to "beautify" our writing and try to sell ourselves as much as possible, don't be humble. So here it is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tan Yee
612 Hougang Avenue 8 #02-466
Singapore 530612

13 May 2012

Human Resource Manager
Singapore Press Holdings Ltd
1000 Toa Payoh North News Centre
Singapore 318994

Dear Sir/Mdm

POST OF PRODUCTION EXECUTIVE

I am interested in applying for the position of Production Executive that was listed through The Straits Time dated 18 April 2012.

I am a graduate from Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP) with a Diploma in Digital and Precision (Manufacturing) Engineering. The comprehensive syllabus and unique teaching technique of NYP has equipped me with firm base of knowledge and skills relevant to the requirements of becoming an excellent engineer. Besides my specialization in technical skills, you will also benefit from my key strength which is computer expertise in using software like Microsoft Office, Adobe and so on. This is because I have taken up external ICT course offered by the University of Cambridge and I passed the examination with Merit.

During my third year, I was attached to First Engineering Pte Ltd for NYP’s three-month Industrial Attachment Program. There I assisted the senior engineer of the R&D department to design and develop a new aircraft turbine part with CAD drawing and CAM simulation. As a result, I have polished my interpersonal and communication skills as I played an active role in the group and frequently interacted with engineers and staffs from various departments. Other than that, my ability to work in a fast paced-environment has been proven when I have to deal with several projects under tight datelines.

My ability to work well as part of team also related to my active participation in CCAs during my time in NYP. I was the President of DPE (Digital and Precision Engineeering) Impact academic club. When organizing event, my initiative to make the event success has nurtured me to become more responsible and confident. These attributes, combined with my enthusiasm to learn, further sharpen my outstanding leadership skill. I believe I can apply the same enthusiasm to SPH being a Southeast Asia’s leading media organization. I am particularly impressed with the philosophy of your organization with regard to diversification and, therefore, would like to begin my career with SPH. I am also able to travel when required. My expected monthly salary is negotiable.

I have attached my resume with this letter for your perusal. I hope that you can grant me an interview so that I can furnish you with information about myself. I can be contacted at 9231 6229 or email me at jack_ty@hotmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely


Tan Yee

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please correct me if I was wrong, as I am not used to write this way. =.=

No comments: