Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Rush

The plane landed literally at Senai Airport
It was few years back I last taking a transit taxi from JB to Singapore
Quite a long journey although the whole trip was only two hours
Having dilemma in making such a daring decision
It was my first time to on board alone
To experience the feel of being independent
Without a lending hand neither from family nor friend
I saw many people waiving their hands as a sign of leaving
Deep in my heart, I know I am waiving to my family
But the feeling to depart is heavy
I know I cannot cry like anyone else
I cannot give a big hug to daddy or mummy like any others do
I have grown up and is stepping into 18 very soon
During the queue up
I can feel the luggage getting heavier
Filing by more and more reluctance
But the world is realistic
If I wanna succeed, sacrifice must be made
When the plane takes off
I am looking out the windows
This lovely cat city may only become my lovely retirement paradise
After a couple of decades
But not for the time when I fight for success
Tears that I have to bear with is the most merciless part
When I feel peristalsis in my throat
It is not longer saliva
It is the tears
Tears of the combination between
The sadness and sorrow to leave this motherland
And
The taste of loath to give up
It is hard to describe unless you go through it in real life

No comments: