Saturday, October 13, 2012

Winter Haze

Just about a month ago, the first day when the new semester commenced I picked up my Nike backpack as early as I could, I was excited or perhaps the "kiasu" spirit which I wanted to reach the S233 as early as I could to grab the best spot, the blind spot where lecturer cannot see me when I am watching YouTube instead of rendering a UG model. I made it. Soon or later I am surrounded with a number of D3 coursemates from another path - Inggrid, Han Fen, Rachel Soon Ling, Keegan as well as Chung Keat from D2 of the same path as me. At first I thought I am gonna be isolated since none of my previous classmate was in here, but my early assumption was silly! In fact they are so much fun to hang around with and I had lots of fun, even though we have come to the half of this FYP course, I wish it was longer! We started following pretty Malaysian blogger like chuckei recommended by the girls, having fun stalking every single post after her just to update on her whereabouts. (I really have to admit that most (99%) of her photos without PHOTOSHOPPED are very very much prettier than the Singapore famous "plastic" and arrogant blogger - Xiaxue!) We even knew that Chuckei was coming to Singapore weeks ago and we made fun of wanting to meet her for dinner and karaoke! Lol, I know it's kind of lame but we really had fun chit-chatting in the lab, at least I did. There were also time when we got serious and discussed about our forthcoming FYP presentation. There is one Chinese Confucian analects "If three of us walk togeter, at least one of the other two is good enough to be my teacher." Indeed, changing ideas amongst did give me a better perspective more towards objective point of view instead of subjective. Until the recent funny French phrases like "Mercibuku" (correct spelling : merci beaucoup - thank you in French) by our "Hao Han" aherm-aherm gonna-to-be - Han Fen. In fact I still do not understand why she changed her Instagram username to 'Mercibuku", whenever I thought of it my lips rise, teeth popping out following a series of laughter! I guess this is how life should be!

TGIF 5 Oct 2012 - Going to Salted Caramel for Keegan and Suk Qin birthday bash!

At Salted Caramel with virtual candles holding by the stars of the night

I went to Clark Quay this evening for Oktoberfest celebration (Singapore style). 

I thought I was supposed to be in Munich one of the weekends this month but life sucks too bad (I EXPRESS MY DEEPEST GRATIFICATION TO ALL THE DORKS FOR MAKING MY OCTOBER SO WONDERFUL, THANK YOU SO MUCH, I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN HUNTING NEW PREY FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR ENTERTAINMENT, EVEN IF I DON'T WATCH YOU, GOD IS WATCHING). Although I did not really have a big gulp of Erdinger (one of the best beers Fabian and Tabea recommended in Germany) but I got a plate of roasted pork slice with potatoes. The serving was not big enough to fill me up, followed by some really shitty mushroom with eggs dishes at one of the Spanish restaurants nearby. We ended up at Subway which seems promising, and yea I love my Italian B.M.T. with tomato, cucumber and olive.

Le German guy, Dato, Zhong Lin, me and two German chicks

 Mushroom Shitake with eggs from OCTAPAS 
(don't try this unless you are willing to pay for a baby size serving with exorbitant tag)

Das Italian sandwich by Subway

We were doing a trial bungee run to prepare Dato for his next birthday present

Take 2


It is getting colder in Berlin as the season started to change into snowy winter. (Although it is not going to snow every year) As colder it gets, so as my hope and dream. The equation of hard work equals to fruitful harvest seems to be a calculation error even my scientific calculator cannot give track where the formulae went wrong. We can do Math as well as an engineer should but in life balancing equation is an ability to adapt to inexplicable one-sidedness, be glad if you are the favorable ones, if unfortunate endure and keep your faith.

No comments: