Monday, October 1, 2012

Ups and Downs

I seldom come to the point when I got so down I need to blog again. I have so much in mind I wish I could pour them out so I feel better. I have initially lost my passion and urge to continue pursue what seems pointless and useless. It was like trying to grab for air from the open atmosphere. It was that hopeless the time I knew nothing can be helped to make things better until I reflected how down my partner was to my mum. She eventually spoke to him and I just happened to see him crying. Thanks to the glass windowed lab almost everyone who passed by saw that scene. From that point onward I know I must try to do something or else nobody would. I made a quick move by promptly get in touch with Volvo and Peugeot. My dad's ex-colleague is now working as a manager or some sort of director in a machinery company based in Jakarta who has direct business relationship with Volvo. I told my parents and my mum took the initiative to contact uncle Francis, I got Volvo regional representative from France based in Singapore almost immediately. Speaking on Peugeot, we have two Peugeot in my family one being mine and one belongs to my cousin. Besides, the Nasim Peugeot Kuching regional manager is one of my uncle's friend. Again my mum ran the errand again and I obtained Peugeot Asia General Director contacts not later then the time when I have Volvo's one. I wrote an email to my mum expressing my concern that these two global automobile giants would love to hear from school on the training needs, duration of internship and expenses incur during the period. And from there try to arrange a possible outcome. To my surprise my course manager was trying to escape from his responsibility saying that we are not supposed to look for company ourselves. (Forgive me for missing a meeting in between. Before I wanted to show him the details of both Peugeot and Volvo we had a meeting with my partner, supervisor, course coordinator and of course my "beloved manager". He said that we should stop sourcing company because it involves a series of complicated procedures which we do not foresee. However he said that FOR ALL THE COMPANY WE HAVE PREVIOUSLY APPLIED, DO LET HIM KNOW AND FOLLOW UP IF THERE IS ANY POSITIVE RESPONSE) And now when I finally got response from the director level of each company he tried to push away his words, he said - wait until David Wong comes back. So I have no better choice but to delay another week waiting. So my mum then went to have an argument with him:

"So now we already have direct contact with Peugeot and Volvo, can you write in a reference letter on my students behalf so they might stand a chance for OIPP."
"No, I don't think these two companies are related to DPE."
"What about Rolls-Royce?"
"No, Rolls-Royce is an aerospace industry, not automobile."
"How about Toyota?"
(FYI, Toyota is the last company NYP was looking into for OIPP but has yet to receive reply from Japan)
"... ..."
(CM got speechless)

So now you see the reason how I catch my fury? The manager gave me reasons that they could not find any possible company for my OIPP but when I got resource and tried to build a link with NYP he just SAT DOWN THERE DO NOTHING. I did not see your initiative in wanting to get the dangling issue solved. I tried to offer you a possible solution but you simply ignored me.

My mum gave me an idea that seems she and manager will not be around in NYP until 10th of October. She will give me clearance whenever she finds it a good time for me to speak to Deputy Director concerning on what is happening. At the moment I hope I can restore the confidence and sorrow which have incurred in me and my partner since the day we got doomed. (Not our life doomed, but just like the 3 years of our hard work in NYP is DOOMED).

I did not intend to blog tonight actually. But I could not express myself well enough through drawing so in the end I still decided to write an entry. From the darker marks on the sheet you can roughly guess how down am I when I was producing this drawing. 

When there are downs in life, of course there are ups. I praise the Lord for giving me this opportunity to meet two German friends whom I previously met in the plane while on the way flying back home Kuching from Singapore. If I did not boost my bravery at that time to offer them my numbers, they would not have asked me to give them a ride down to their hotel where our friendship begins. I feel 101% easy and relaxed when I hanged out with them because I do not need to pretend. They are straight forward and there is nothing to hide. We do not afraid if we see each other's shortcomings but we just share our true feelings and ideas instead which eventually lead to some really good thoughts. I would also like to thank Fabian who is currently helping me to get in touch with OTIS (world's largest escalator and elevator engineering firm) higher level of management to seek my possibility of breaking the gate into Deutschland. Although it sounds awkward but it is true that throughout the 7 days hanging out together (6 days in Kuching and 1 day in Singapore) I feel that this is the kind of cultural circle I wanna stay with. Frank, straightforward, direct, no drama and do not let trifle bothers life. And yes, Germany. I am glad that I pick up German language as my elective two years back when I was in my dilemma whether to choose German or French I decided to give the first one a try because of the leading engineering knowledge precedes by the German, but today I am pro-Germany not only because of their innovative engineering skills and logic but the culture behind which I truly admire.

And here the last photo with Tabea and Fabian before they flew back to Germany

Maybe some days after I will be back in Kuching again to feel the breeze
Where I smell my underived love of the most original
Abandon the fancy accessories
For which a true love is the most avant-garde piece of God's artwork
I miss you

No comments: