Monday, October 29, 2012

My Lies

This is my original script which have not been modified by my manager. Hard time when producing this script as I really hope I could have a clear cut from him and I don't want to get involve in any activity which he actively participates in. I wanted to impart more element of sarcasm in it to mock him but I know it will be modified even though I do so, also I don't want to demote my personality doing the same thing as he did to me. Have fun being mind-fucked while reading this beautifully "plotted" speech.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deputy Director, Aerospace & Precision Engineering, Mr David Wong
Industry Guests, Managers, Lecturers and Friends
Good afternoon.

I’m Tan Yee, a 3rd year student of the Diploma of Digital and Precision Engineering. I am also the president leading the second batch of DPE IMPACT EXCO. I am very honored to be given this opportunity to say a few words this afternoon.

DPE IMPACT is an academic club set up by the DPE seniors two years ago aim at building up our interest as well as exploring our talents in different fields apart from studies. As a DPE student I believe that academically excellence is not well sufficient, we need to develop ourselves into a more rounded student. This is where DPE IMPACT comes in to provide a platform for students to showcase their extra-curricular ability and talent. DPE Impact lets us soar with passion at work and at play. Of course this can’t be achieved without the dedicated guidance from our lecturers and seniors.

One year ago, I took up the responsibility to lead a team after the club and behold the vision to make the existing activities and events more fun and interesting. With the cooperation of my fellow committees, we have successfully organized major events like the Award Ceremony, DPE Impact Day, DPE Survival Camp, DPE Connect and of course today’s ceremony. Not only that, we have also organized two trips to Brighthill Evergreen Home to offer our voluntary and charity service.

Today, we believe that DPE IMPACT should not just about DPE students. We started to open up and involve more students across SEG like XXXXXX. We want DPE students to open their circle and to interact with students from different courses as part of our goal to develop a healthier social network. Just as what we can see today, we have representatives from XXXXXX in the house to witness this ceremony. We see this as a good start to involve more friends to join our activities in the future, like the camp which is going to be held XXX.

Time and tide wait for no man, it has come to the time where we will mark the end of our service and passing down to a group of youthful and energetic upcoming committees. I am very proud to see the passion in them which I believe they will continue to embark a new milestone for DPE IMPACT, year after year, like what we did.

Unfortunately some of my committees are not able to present this afternoon’s commissioning as most of them are currently having attachment overseas or OIPP, even though they are not physically present, but we are all spiritually present and we would like to express our deepest gratification for DPE IMPACT and all our lecturers and seniors who have provided a platform to give us this scarce opportunity to bond more, share more ideas and develop our leadership skills as well as guided us along the way to make every past event successful.

Before I end my speech, I would like to wish my juniors all the best in venturing new ideas to continue bringing the club soars higher into another horizon. As the saying “What the mind can conceive, it can be achieved.”

With that, I end my speech. Thank you.

No comments: