Saturday, July 9, 2011

As Always.

Reasons are being simple why I choose The Body Shop
-
Against Animal Testing
I went research that major cosmetics producer actually test their products by injecting them into animal eyes until they go blind to set the safety guideline for consumer.
These products include Proter and Gamble (which produces Pantene and Head&Shoulder), Garnier, Unilever (which produces Dove and Lux) and many more.
I strongly against this policy and thus I will reduce my usage of products from these manufacturers till they obey the belief which The Body Shop practises.
-
Support Community Trade / Activate Self Esteem / Defend Human Rights
This is The Body Shop effort to help ease poverty in third world country especially
those from marginalised communities around the world.
They pay them a fair amount and rare access to a global market that would otherwise be out of their reach.
In exchange for the high quality ingredients and handicrafts of which the farmers around the globe have produced, they are rewarded with a long term relationship based on the very fundamentals of fair trade.
-
Protect Our Planet
Most Body Shop packagings are post-consumer recycled plastic.
This has significantly reduce the impact of non-biodegradable petroleum based plastic from piling up the earth space.
Besides, the shopping bag that comes along every time when you make a purchase with The Body Shop is also a fully recycled paper bag.
Not only that, the ink used for the printing on the bag is water-based and not chemical-based.
Lastly, the newly refreshed The Body Shop range products ranging from the body wash, facial wash to the newly introduce "Earth Lovers" series are silicones, sulphates, parabens and colourants free.
These include the daily toiletries I use which consist of Tea Tree Range and Olive Oil Shower Gel.
-
And today I went The Body Shop again
In conjunction with the Summer Buys promotion
I bought a Ice Blue shampoo and Grapefruit shower gel at great bargain
I also grabbed a Tea Tree facial wash for my brother
Good cause is always share for the worthy
The Ice Blue shampoo is really cooling as the menthol contain in it
-
p/s: I went to visit Malaysia The Body Shop website and I realised that there is a price slash on the regular price items which used to be more expensive than in Singapore. But now the new tags seems to be closer to those in UK which simply means cheaper. Now calling back what I just paid earlier, except the promotion items, I actually paid a premium for the Tea Tree face wash and night fade lotion. wtf.

No comments: