Sunday, April 25, 2010

Because They Meant

Mum rings up
"Tan Yee, Sze Hui Jeje (cousin) is coming back this Saturday and will be back in Singapore on Sunday. Do you have anything you wanna ask her to bring for you?"
"Sure, get me the shirt with V-shape collar with the word "Ohana" printed on it.
Erm...I think there is my name printed on the sleeve as well, but I am not sure whether it is on the right or left sleeve, just check for me."
"Ok, why do you want to bring that shirt? You don't want to get any other better shirt other than a school activity shirt?"
"Ya, I just want that shirt if the hand carry doesn't allow Sze Hui Jeje to carry so much items at once."
"Alright then. Take care my boy"
"Sure, mum. Bye"
"Bye bye"
-
Currently I am away from my hometown
A place where I grown up
Where my fond memories are
Sometimes meaningful things can keep you sane
Makes you feel warmth especially those which really means
From left is the Kuching High Red Crescent Camp 2008 camp tee
It was my first experience to organise a state level camp
A camp where I learned to be attentive and organised
I missed the time when I worked up with my team
Especially those who are really potential and capable
Like Fabian, Shirley, Daniel, Pauline, Kelly and Yun Hui
Those people were really impressive during the camp
Whenever I recall the scene of the camp
I am always proud of myself and my friends
Which I think we really made impossible possible
It was a successful camp for me
Second piece from left is The Ohana Camp 2008 camp tee
The first thing that appears in my mind
Is the name Esther Tan
She was the first friend who left the earliest
By the end of year 2008
The aim at which I insisted for this camp
Was to gather all closet friends
To organise a farewell for her
All committees were very cooperative
At which making this camp running at its ease
Credit to the same people as stated above
Although years had passed
The time when we gathered at Damai chalet on the night 17th November 2008
Under the activity "We Will Never Forget You"
Is a memory that can hardly be erased
I handled this main program personally
I sincerely hope that scene is still vivid in everyone of us who had attended it
Especially for Esther =)
First from right is the Shirt Of Six
This is the first own made shirt I have in form 2
That was a good time when I met up some greatest friends I ever had in my life
Hong Khai, me, Fiona, Kiki, Hui Yin, Chia Yin
I still can remember the strongest friendship chain was during our time in class 2A1
When we all had the project done together in a group
And we always visited one and another house to chat and to complete work
It was a good time being together with all of them
Second from right is 5S1 class tee
I think this is the most perfect artwork I had done on a t shirt
I certainly love this shirt so much as well as the quote
I was inspired by the colours of rainbow after a heavy downpour in an evening
The wonderful seven colours made the connections in my brain to meet at the right time
And here it was born
"Unparalleled Intermixture brings Infinite Possibilities"
This was the best quote I could ever thought of
-
Because they all meant
That is the reason why I am willing to sacrifice part of my lovely fashion collection
But to get these four pieces of shirts in Singapore
They might look ordinary or meaningless or even ugly to others
But certainly it was a priceless treasure for me
By the time when the design was inspired
By the time when the shirt was printed
By the time when I put it on my body
They had melted as part of the soul
A memory that last by the devastation of time
The shirts are loves from everyone

2 comments:

Roti Canai said...

They are! for me too!

I brought that black shirt back to kuching that time, but no one notices.

Jack said...

i wil probably notice it if u wear it infront of me!